Let’s just be honest here, for many, the Super Bowl is as much about the food and commercials, as it is about the game itself. I already shared a few of my favorite Super Bowl commercials here. Now for the good stuff, munchies for the “Big Game”. This year I’ll be serving Chicken Nachos Grande, Cowboy Salsa with chips and Churro Cupcakes.
Chicken Nachos Grande
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, deboned and shredded
- 1 package frozen steamable rice (white or brown)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 can green enchilada sauce (16 ounces)
- tortilla chips or flour tortillas
- 1 sm can sliced black olives
- sour cream
Preheat oven to 450.
Mix all ingredients (except tortilla chips) in large bowl.
Spread evenly into 9 x 13 baking pan, sprayed with cooking spray. Top with olives.
Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before eating.
Add a dollop of sour cream. Serve as nachos with tortilla chips or wrap up in flour tortilla.
- 2 cans corn, drained
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 2 cans black eyed peas, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- chopped green onions to taste
- chopped cilantro to taste
- 1 bottle of Italian salad dressing (I use about 3/4 of the bottle)
Mix all ingredients together and serve with tortilla chips. Yep that’s it. Open a few cans, chop some veggies, pour it all in a bowl, and stir it up.
Can it be any easier than that? (It tastes even better if you let it sit for a few hours so the flavors can blend.)
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
Mix together cake mix, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Fill each paper liner half full with batter.
In a separate bowl, combine white sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 1 tsp. sugar mixture on top of cake batter.
Top with remaining batter and fill 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and set aside.
With pastry brush, place melted butter on top of cupcakes. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top of cupcakes. Serve warm.
- Superbowl Recipe (bacontoday.com)
- Easy Cheesy Tortillas (frugalrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Chicken tortilla soup (charlotte.news14.com)
Filed under: Headline, Let's Eat · Tags: better home magazine, chicken nachos, churro cupcakes, coffee break, coffeebreak, confetti salsa, cowboy salsa, Family, food, fun cupcake recipes, gourmet cupcakes using cake mix, recipes, salsa recipe, super bowl recipes