This week’s cheater recipe…
Cheesy Hash Brown Bake
This one is sure to be a favorite. Hash browns make a delicious crust for the yummy sausage, egg and cheese filling. Great for breakfast, brunch, or at our house, dinner, since I don’t make this kind of stuff early in the mornings.
- 1 pkg (20 ounces) shredded hash browns (thawed)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (You can use the frozen pre-chopped kind to save time.)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup grated cheese
1. In a large bowl, combine hash browns, butter and bouillon.
m2. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10″ pie plate. Bake at 350 for 25 – 30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
4. In large bowl combine the cooked sausage mixture, cottage cheese, eggs and shredded cheese.
Pour into hash brown crust and bake at 350 for 40 – 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Yields: 6 – 8 servings
*For a healthier version of this yummy dish substitute turkey sausage for pork sausage, and fat free grated cheese and fat free cottage cheese for the regular versions. Also substitute eggs with egg beaters or egg whites.
*As always, just leave a comment on this post, or any other post for that matter, and be entered in this week’s giveaway!
Related articles by Zemanta
Filed under: Headline, http://www.radar-tech.hu/index.php/case-control-study-and-cohort-study/ · Tags: better home magazine, cheesy hash brown bake, coffee break, dinner, easy breakfast recipes, easy brunch recipes, easy dinner recipes, Family, fast breakfast recipes, fast brunch recipes, fast dinner recipes, food, recipes