It’s December, which means it’s TREAT TIME! And what a treat this is! Candy Crackers are one of my family’s favorite Christmas-time treats. They’re super easy to make and you may even have all the ingredients on hand. Go ahead and give it a whirl…you wont be sorry.
(submitted by reader, Karen Smith-Morganti)
- 2-3 sleeves of Club Crackers (regular or whole wheat, your choice)
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 tbsp. white corn syrup
- 2 tsp good vanilla
- 1 large package fresh Pecans – (chopped or pieces, your choice)
1. Line jelly roll pan with non-stick foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray (just in case). Spread out your crackers evenly, covering the bottom of the jelly roll pan (you may have to break a few crackers here and there).
2. Combine first 3 ingredients (sugar, butter and corn syrup) in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
3. Pull from heat and add vanilla. Stir.
4. Pour over crackers and spread as evenly as possible. Quickly sprinkle on pecans.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Don’t over cook. Let cool and break apart. Store tightly covered.
No need to calorie count or watch fat. They’re too good for anyone to care! Besides, it’s December. Calories don’t count in December.
- The Twelve Days of Cookies – Saltine Cracker Toffee (thesuburbansoapbox.com)
- Pecan Pralines Candy Recipe (myhoustonmajic.com)
- eat :: apple cider caramels (jamieofalltrades.org)
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- Double Chocolate-Covered Toffee Grahams (afternoonpopcornsnack.com)
Filed under: Headline, synonyms of essay Vermont, link · Tags: candy cracker recipe, christmas candy recipes, club cracker candy, cracker candy recipe, easy christmas treats, how to make candy crackers