Nothing says summer like a delicious bowl of homemade ice cream. At our house we usually stick with strawberry or some variation of vanilla with a mix-in. Last week we decided to be adventurous and lighten things up with Pomegranate Sherbet. It was super delicious and super easy.
Ingredients: (makes 6 cups)
- 3 cups pomegranate juice (I used Old Orchard Pomegranate Cherry)
- pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- juice of 2 limes
Mix pomegranate juice, cream, salt, and lime juice.
Freeze in an ice cream maker according to your manufactures instructions. When your ice maker shuts off the sherbert will soft and fluffy and not quite frozen. Just put it in the freezer to firm completely.
That’s it! Easy peasy pomegranate freezy.
Enjoy your yummy treat!
- Reader Recipe: Mango Mint Sorbet (fitsugar.com)
- Pomegranates (babyccinokids.com)
- Pineapple Coconut Milk Ice Cream (mowenackie.wordpress.com)
- Nice and New: Michael Aram Pomegranate Menorah (casasugar.com)
- Easy Summer Fruit Sherbet (orlandogustilo.wordpress.com)
- ICE CREAM – A Very Cold History (visitamuseum.org)
- The best ice cream makers (telegraph.co.uk)
Filed under: Headline, coach inc case study · Tags: coffeebreak, easy pomegranate sorbet, food, homemade ice cream recipes, pomegranate ice cream recipe, Pomegranate juice, pomegranate sherbet recipe, recipes