We’ve been on quite a cupcake kick at our house lately. Last week I shared the recipe for Oreo Cupcakes. The week before that, the recipe for Churro Cupcakes. Today, I’ve got a tropical treat for you…Pina Colada cupcakes. Super easy, super yummy and one of our family favorites.
Pina Colada Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, coconut extract, buttermilk and pineapple with juice.
- Pour batter into paper liners, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 15- 18 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool.
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Pour cream into large mixing bowl and begin mixing on low speed. Gradually increase speed until cream thickens and soft peaks form.
2. Turn off mixer and add powdered sugar. Beat with mixer until stiff peaks form. Frost cupcakes and top with a piece of pineapple or small cookie. (I intended on using pineapple as garnish, but when I found some Pina Colada cookies at the store, I use them instead.)
Enjoy your Coffee Break!
Filed under: Headline, personal statements for college applications · Tags: better home magazine, coffee break, coffeebreak, food, gourmet cupcakes using cake mix, pina colada cupcakes, pineapple cupcakes, recipes