January 26th, 2011 | http://jaimelanature.fr/index.php/category/?page=prednisone/otc-prednisone/
Waffle Iron Turtle Cookies? What in the world is a Waffle Iron Turtle Cookie? It’s exactly what it sounds like it is…a cookie that looks like a turtle, cooked on a waffle iron.
Crazy, huh? Who knew you could make cookies on a waffle iron? Apparently my friend and neighbor Linda did. I found this recipe she submitted in our neighborhood cookbook. It sounds just kooky enough that I HAD to give it a try.
Waffle Iron Turtle Cookies
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate (2 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 cube)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- melted peanut butter chips (or chocolate chips or whatever other kind you fancy)
In a pan, melt chocolate squares and butter over low heat, stirring constantly.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs and then stir in sugar.
Stir in melted chocolate mixture.
Fold in flour, salt and vanilla.
Drop by teaspoonful onto a heated waffle iron. (Make sure to spray iron with cooking spray so the cookies won’t stick.)
Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. (Waffle irons vary in temperature so watch the first cookies carefully. Mine cooked for 1 minute.)
Put peanut butter (or chocolate) chips in bowl and microwave at a low temp until melted. Put melted chips into a baggie. Cut off a teeny tiny tip of the corner of the bag.
Drizzle melted chips onto cookies.
Let peanut butter mixture set and enjoy!
- 100% Whole Grain Waffles (purenaturaldiva.com)
- There Is No Belgium, But There Are Waffles: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- What is a recipe for chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar or molasses (wiki.answers.com)
- Unique Gift Ideas for the Gourmet Cook (lifestyle.ezinemark.com)
Filed under: Headline, Kate's Escapades, http://thehalfmoonhudson.com/ · Tags: better home magazine, coffee break, cookie recipes, crazy cookies, food, recipe of the week, recipes, waffle cookies, waffle iron turtle cookies
© 2016 Coffee Break with Liz and Kate