February 7th, 2013 | 7 Comments
Valentine’s Day is almost here. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that. You’ve probably been stewing over what to do for days. If you’re still looking for that perfect idea to make that certain special someone feel loved and appreciated, look no more because I have just the thing for you. Personalized Fortune Cookies! And let me tell you, someone’s gonna be super impressed with this fun, unique, and easy Valentine’s Day idea.
Personalized Fortune Cookies
It’s surprisingly simple and uses store bought fortune cookies. You just take out the lame-o fortunes that are already inside, and replace them with your own unique messages. It’s a great idea for your spouse, your kids, your significant other, your best friend, or whomever you’d like to make feel special.
How to make personalized fortune cookies
1) Buy a package of pre-made fortune cookies and unwrap cookies. I usually get the La Choy brand.
2) Prepare your messages either by handwriting them on small strips of pretty paper, or by printing them out on a computer printer and cutting them into small strips (about 1/2″ x 2″ at the largest)
3) Take a damp paper towel (not dripping, just damp) and wrap it around one of the fortune cookies so that it completely covers the cookie. Do this one at a time.
4) Microwave the wrapped cookie for about 15-40 seconds (time will vary, depending on microwave and dampness of the paper towel… experiment with it. I would start with 15 seconds and then increase the time in small increments if necessary.)
5) After microwaving, the cookie will become flexible a for about 20 seconds or so… QUICKLY take the paper towel from the cookie. Gently open up the cookie and remove the old message, and put your new message in. Fold the cookie back up. It will naturally fold back into the original fortune cookie shape. Then let the cookie sit to cool and harden.
6) If you’d like, you can then dip the cooled fortune cookie half-way into melted chocolate and add fun sprinkles to the chocolate before it hardens. Let cool on waxed paper.
Put personalized fortune cookies in a fun, cute container. It’s a great way to show someone special that you love them.
See, easy peasy and sure to impress. Enjoy your Valentine’s Day.
Filed under: Get Crafty, Headline, Kate's Escapades, Let's Celebrate, Let's Eat · Tags: better home magazine, coffee break, coffeebreak, crafts, easy valentine ideas, Family, food, Fortune cookie, how to make fortune cookies, how to personalize fortune cookies, how to put your own messages in fortune cookies, recipe, Valentine's Day, valentine's day treats, valentines day fortune cokies, valentines day recipe
© 2015 Coffee Break with Liz and Kate