January 22nd, 2013 | http://www.qo2022.com/
http://modabasketbol.com/Is it sooooo cold at your house that you feel like you’re living in an igloo?
At this very moment, it is currently 3 degrees where I live. It is beyond nippy. There’s a huge ice storm moving across the country. No school once again at Liz’s house because of the weather.
Are you feeling chilled to the bone like I am? Trying to find ways to get warm and toasty without cranking up the heater? Here are a few tips to help keep you warm without turning up the thermostat this winter.
Kate’s Tips for Staying Toasty
- Dress in layers. Try wearing an undershirt or tank top, over that a long sleeved tee, and then a cardigan over that. You’ll look great and stay warm. Also, a light scarf worn indoors will help keep you feeling cozy.
- Leave the oven open after you bake. It’ll heat up the kitchen and make the house smell delicious.
- Eat soup and other warm meals and drink warm beverages for a quick warm up.
- Open curtains and blinds during the day to let the sun in, and close curtains and blinds at night to keep out the cold. Plus, letting the sunshine in during the day does wonders for relieving winter blues.
- Switch to flannel sheets. I swear by flannel sheets in the winter.
- Don’t turn on the bathroom fan when you shower; the humidity will make the house feel warmer.
- Put on clothes as soon as they come out of the dryer. This is a trick some of my kids use during the winter months here in Utah. They just put their already dry clothes in the dryer for a few minutes to warm them up.
- Make some microwaveable rice bag heating pads. I use two at a time whenever I’m sitting down, one for my feet and one to hug for warmth.(Here’s the directions.)
So good luck with these stay toasty tips. And if you just can’t handle the cold any longer, you could do like me. In three days I’m headed to Disneyland, in sunny southern California. It’s supposed to be a beautiful delicious 75 degrees at the Magic Kingdom on Friday. Care to join me?
Filed under: Handy Dandy Tips, Headline, nokia gps tracking system thesis · Tags: coffeebreak, Disneyland, how to stay warm, how to stay warm indoors, kids, rice bag heating pads, tips for staying warm, winter tips
© 2016 Coffee Break with Liz and Kate