This past weekend my daughters made some homemade lollipops for a get-together with some friends. Being treated to a delicious watermelon flavored sample made me remember how easy and yummy these suckers are. So I decided to share this with you.
These Homemade Lollipops are so easy, so delicious, and so quick to make. They’re great for parties, showers, luncheons, or just for the fun of it. Give it a try. It’s so easy, I’ll bet even Liz could handle this one.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/3 light corn syrup
1/2-1 1/2 teaspoons flavoring (1/2 small bottle)
1. Lay out some wax paper to protect your working surface. Put sucker molds on the wax paper.
2. This next step is very important…put sticks in molds before you start cooking sucker mixture. (We learned this the hard way over the weekend when I ended up with three burned fingers because a certain someone, who shall remain nameless, forgot this step, and I tried to add the sticks while she was pouring the HOT syrup. Don’t ever do this. It hurts like crazy!)
4. Remove from heat and add food coloring slowly, then add the flavoring. Stir quickly because once the mixture is removed from heat, it hardens quickly.
5. Slowly pour into the molds. Once they are all poured, I like to give the sticks a little twist to make them more secure in the sucker mixture. Wait until the suckers are completely cooled and remove from the molds.
6. Wrap them individually. (I like to put them in little snack sized baggies.)
Want to give these Homemade Lollipops a try? Check out what’s available at Amazon.
Enjoy your Coffee Break with Liz and Kate
*As always, just leave a comment on this post, or any other post for that matter, and be entered in this week’s giveaway!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Hand-dipped Chocolate Truffle Recipe (betterinbulk.net)
- Make Your Own Marshmallow Fluff (candycraft.muxgo.com)
- Caffinated Bacon Lollipops (bacontoday.com)
Filed under: Headline, Kate's Escapades, casino boat at port canaveral · Tags: better home magazine, coffee break, Family, food, homemade lollipops, homemade suckers, how to make lollipops, how to make suckers, kids, lollipop recipes, recipes, sucker recipes