http://scoopi.net/In my never-ending effort to keep you Coffee Break readers all hip and trendy, I bring you my latest new favorite thing – Infused Water. (You know, water that is no longer all plain and boring because it’s had fruit floating in it spreading it’s deliciousness all around.)
That’s all infused water is, water with just the barest hint of flavor. In fact, it basically tastes like regular water when you’re taking a sip, but then the aftertaste hits you with just a touch of flavor. It’s super refreshing, nutritious, easy to make, and just may get you and your family to drink more water this summer.
Just get one of those pretty glass dispensers that are on sale all about town, fill it with water and add some fruit pieces of your choice. Let the whole thing sit for at least a hour to let the fruit work it’s magic, and voila – infused water.
The flavor choices are endless. Use just one fruit, or mix and match and make your own creations.
Also, cucumbers add a nice flavor twist all by themselves, or in combination with any of the fruits listed above.
Here’s a cool pitcher specifically for infused water that I found at http://artsdecarrer.cat/. It’s great if you’re someone who wants to keep your fruit in line and not floating all willy-nilly through the pitcher.
Here’s another great option if you don’t want to buy a whole new pitcher, you can just get this cute little ball from All in the Kitchen to put your fruit in and plop it into a pitcher you already have. (Thanks Christine, for sharing this marvelous idea with us.)
So give infused water a try. If you’re already a fan, what flavor combinations are your favorites? Do share.
- MiO Liquid Water Enhancer – Kate’s Ravin’ Review (coffeebreakwithlizandkate.com)
- MoGo Sport Flavor-Infused Mouthguards (lacrosseplayground.com)
- Easy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas – Kate’s Escapades (coffeebreakwithlizandkate.com)
- 6 Tasty Homemade Drinks to Stay Refreshed This Summer (couponshoebox.com)
- Peep-a-licious! – Kate’s Escapades (coffeebreakwithlizandkate.com)
- Herbal Toner (witchesofthecraft.wordpress.com)