Hello, dear Coffee Break readers! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dr. Fruit E. Fly. Some of you might remember me from the school lab.
In fact, I’m still there – constantly experimenting with everyday household items, finding new ways to make your life easier. Oh, it’s a thankless job, alright. But it’s the only job I have.
Oh well, I’ll save the rest of my troubles for my daily therapy session. Meanwhile, I thought you might enjoy some of these ingenious uses for Coca Cola. Sometimes I surprise myself with all this knowledge. So grab a can of Coke and let’s experiment:
- Remove grease stains, rust stains and blood stains
- Clean oil stains from a garage floor
- Loosen a rusty bolt by pouring Coke on it. Watching it fizzle is half the fun
- Kill slugs and snails by attracting them with a small bowl of Coke. Then watch them croak.
- Defrost a frozen windshield (will also remove caked-on bugs and the like from windows and rubber bumpers)
- Clean burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse
- Clean the toilet to a porcelain shine
- Clean car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one
- Cure nausea. You may want to let the Coke go a little flat, first
- Use Mentos and a 2-liter of Coke to make an exploding fountain
- Gargle with a cold Coke to get rid of the hiccups
- Make BBQ sauce with a can of Coke with ketchup and brush over ribs or chicken. Can also be used in your favorite Sloppy Joe recipe
- Add a can of coke to your pot roast for added flavor. May also be used to baste ham
- Make your pennies look new again by soaking them in Coke to remove cruddy stuff
- Add an antique look to ge documents and photos by applying Coke. Pat up excess and allow to dry
- Mix with packet of Italian seasoning to tenderize tough cuts of meat
- Dip hair into Coke to remove gum
- Set out a cup of Coke an hour or so before your next picnic so bees and the like will hover there and not on you
- Add some Coke to your laundry to remove fish odors and other bad smells
- Use to mop floors for a non-slip surface
- Apply to marker stains to remove them from carpet. Follow up with clean soapy water
- Use Coke instead of tanning lotion for a deep, dark tan. It’ll also leave your skin silky smooth
- I guess you could drink it straight from the can, but Dr. Fly, the experiment guy says drink at your own risk, unless you’ve got a good bourbon to mix it with.
Dr. Fly would love to hear other uses you’ve found for our carbonated beverage. Just drop me a line via Liz or Kate.
Gotta go for now – some fruit in the lab is calling my name…
- Diet Coke + Mentos = pain (thesun.co.uk)
- Coca-Cola Recipes To Celebrate 125 Years Of Coke (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)