Betcha Didn’t Know… how to remove remove melted plastic from your toaster…
Once the toaster is completely cool and unplugged, here are a few tips to try removing melted plastic from the side of a toaster.
You may want to test a small area first to make sure the finish on the toaster won’t be harmed or scratched.
How To Remove Melted Plastic From Toaster
* Dab nail polish remover on a cloth, then rub away the plastic
* Dab WD40 on a cloth, then rub away plastic
* Try rubbing alcohol on a cloth, then scrub away plastic
* Heat toaster again until plastic is soft, unplug toaster then firmly wipe off plastic with a damp cloth. Wash out the cloth then lightly sprinkle on some baking soda while cloth is still wet* and rub gently over remaining plastic residue to remove. *Wring out excess first–you don’t want dripping water.
* Smother the plastic in petroleum jelly, set for a minute, then wipe off
After removing the melted plastic, wash area well with a hot soapy cloth to remove any remaining cleaner residue.
These tips are courtesy of Tipnut.com